Thursday, March 3, 2011

bumbling idiot....

so I went to a baby shower tonight (loved it!). I was late, as per usual. Man, I can't seem to time or schedule my life very well these days. Anyway, I noticed something tonight. Normally I feel that I can have a fairly coherant conversation, and join in on what's going on pretty easily. However, I think that due to the fact that I stay at home and don't interact with people like I used to, my communication skills are dumb. Seriously, I felt that I had so many things I wanted to talk to friends about, and things that I wanted to share with the new mom (not that important) and I couldn't form my sentences! What I thought in my head wasn't coming out right through the hole in my face. I kind of laughed at myself in the van on the way home because I thought of myself as the mom who couldn't get enough of being around others. (not that that's bad...) I even said that I am a Facebook stalker. Who says that?? :) sigh, one day I'll be normal again. I kind of miss the days of being a young single adult only because I felt like I could talk to anybody and got out of the house all the time. Having said that, I love being married and being a mom.
Anyway, I don't get out too often because it's too cold and to try and schedule things so I have enough time to do what I want before H needs to eat again is sometimes not really worth it. I want to change this, but it might not happen until it warms up outside.
But it was nice to see familiar faces, and a few new ones too. I recognized everyone, and had so many memories come to my mind. It was so nice. Even if I put my foot in my mouth and was nonsensical (is that even a word? ) At least Hazel was a great baby while we were out. :) To those who were there, it was so nice to see you (seriously), and I hope I didn't come across as too crazy. :) the end.

6 comments:

Megan said...

All of that is very normal and gets easier/less with time. The first kid is a tough transition for us at home moms... We have to get used to time with just a baby- no other grown ups and our brains get a little foggy. Make time for phone calls and nights out without baby. It gets easier!

Sheri said...

lol!! You totally brought back so many memories of not being able to talk after I had each kid. I still get a bit forgetful even now. It gets way easier with time. Warm weather will bring us all back to life and give us the drive to get out more.
Can't wait!

Unknown said...

It is Mom brain... it lasts forever (well until they are a bit older and we get out more in public I am assuming ;). I've got it bad. I think I have become socially awkward ;) I am staying inside till spring too. Nothing wrong with that. I miss my daily walks!

Blooming Mommy said...

Ya I agree with the Mom brain thing............ it just happens to you when u have kids. I think it's normal to feel awkward and miss your "single and be the life of the party" moments. I have them still... matter of fact I was just at a Pampered Chef party and even had a girls night and felt that "Im a retard and can't put my sentences together" syndrome. I have my moments but then remember that the most important calling I will ever have is being a wife and mother. Im sure your awkwardness wasn't as bad as you think it was honey and will go away soon..... you know your amazing and are still the life and laughter of the party! I LOVE UR STINKIN FACE!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to laugh, but I did. But I laugh because that's exactly how I feel sometimes too! I guess it's normal. It does get much easier as babies turn into toddlers to not feel bad for dragging them around places and shoving crackers in their mouths in the car instead of feeding them a real meal. Even on blog posts I blabber on about nothing, if you can't tell, I'm doing it right now! It's a big transition to being a stay at home mommy.

Amy said...

yep, it's mom brain for sure. And sleep deprivation...joys of motherhood. We've all been through the stuff you've been feeling lately, the being stuck inside, the wanting to work out but napping instead, the wanting to wait before buying clothes. I would say go out and get a few things at the Old Navy clearance that fit now and can be cute, or maybe some accessories to spice up what you have got. You kinda do have to dress your body now, you can always wear a belt later. Start or find a mommy group to go walking once spring shows up, then it is harder to flake. As for your word, I believe Elizabeth Bennett in Pride and Prejudice says "I've been nonsensical" so if she can use it, you can too! love ya Tan!