Sunday, April 28, 2013

big things are coming :)

where do I even start? 

pregnancy #5, baby #3.
So we found out in February that we were expecting again. :) Of course I was happy, but when it hit me that we would actually be having another little one crawling around, a couple thoughts quickly entered my head: 1) I am SO glad that we'll be buying a new house in about a year! and 2) am I really ready for another baby?
It took about a month or so of being sicker than I had with the other two to realize that I am ready. Plus, now that I'm FINALLY in my 2nd trimester, I can enjoy being pregnant and not just feel like I'm bloated and can't fit into my pants anymore, with nothing to show for it. Also, I had about 6 ultrasounds when I was pregnant with Hazel, so I could see her a lot and not have that nagging thought of "am I actually still pregnant??". With Jude, I thought that, and especially with this one I catch myself wondering if he/she's still there. I know, probably sounds silly, but I've lost babies before so I'm waiting patiently impatiently for the halfway ultrasound, or to feel baby move, whichever comes first. I shouldn't doubt that everything is going well, though. I have enough ups and downs with my silly pregnancy hormones that there's really no question! Plus, I still have some food aversions that constantly remind me that things are changing. I enjoy food, so I'm a little sad that most days I don't even feel like having a salad. :( On top of some morning sickness, I'm dealing with acid reflux, so for the next 6 months my diet may consist of whatever I can stomach. It's manageable now, though, so I'm hoping for an uneventful pregnancy. :)

Since we're planning on moving, I figure I'd better start packing NOW. If I start now, I won't have to worry about packing and moving boxes and bins when I'm 8-9 months pregnant, or even when I have a newborn around. We'll have to do a bit of packing at the end of the year, but I'd like to get the bulk of things done soon. I had hoped to start a couple of months ago, but with being sick, and hurting my back, entertaining family, and then taking care of 2 sick kiddos, I can't even keep my house in order, let alone do something extra, like pack stuff away! Life has calmed down, though, so I think I can get myself back on schedule. I am SO EXCITED TO BE MOVING! We're hoping to move to either Fort Saskatchewan or Sherwood Park, so be closer to Quenton's work. I absolutely hate having him drive about an hour to and from work each day. To think that he could be home in 20 mins or less is mind-blowing. Literally. That means more family time, and that is worth moving away from the city. I. CAN'T. WAIT.  :)

So much more has happened in the last few months, but I'll write about it later. Too emotionally draining. But, I suppose it's safe to say that our house is starting to get back to normal, and aside from cleaning my house (yikes, THAT'S gonna be a chore and a half), we have a 1 year old Birthday coming up in 7 DAYS!!

1 comment:

Tara Johnson said...

Love hearing from you! I was in need of an update! So excited for you and your news. Love you sister!