Monday, November 10, 2008

Here we go....

So, I was just reading a friend's blog, and realized that I'm not the only one feeling frustration and feeling being held back. I know that things happen for a reason, and when the Lord intends them to happen, but I guess when I'm trying to do smething right, not having the results makes me feel like I'm missing something.
I think it's interesting that I'm told probably a billion times that for normal couples it can take up to a year to get pregnant. Ok, I get that. Things take time. But for me, it's a little more frustrating. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome which makes the process a little more challenging. We were hoping that the test would have had a little "+" sign this last month, but of course it did not. So, it wasn't the fact that we weren't pregnant that got me stressed, but it was knowing that this month there have been a few indications that my body wasn't giong to cooperate with me. This just made me realize that even though we were hoping that we could maybe avoid the medications and other things that are down the difficult path, I now see that we've already started down that path. So, now we wait for tests to come back and let us know what the next step is. After long talks and prayers, we both feel confident that things will work out for the best in the end, and that no matter what happens, at least until the test shows that little "+" sign, we have so much time to be spending together, enjoying life as a newly married couple, and that we will be blessed someday.
Life really is good, even when it's not going the way I expect it or want it to go. I think that we're finally ready for whatever happens, and that feels good.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There are way more in our shoes Tanya then I ever thought. It scares me to think that I was so naive thinking it would be so easy to get pregnant. I am happy to know that my trials have helped you realize that you are not alone in this. All the best love the isackson's.

Blooming Mommy said...

hey sweetheart! i love you and don't worry cause the Lord knows what he is doing. we've been trying to get pregnant again and i thought it would be easy but we still got a negative on our test. the Lord will bless you and im sure your already finding this out. WE LOVE U!!! muah!

Jess said...

Your post kinda hit home with me. Even though our "issue" is different, we both have had to find peace with things that seem to happen so easily and naturally for most people but become a trial for us. I know it's hard to see the Lords hand in it during the trial but in the end you will have a greater understanding and deep appreciation for the miracle of life. I know I do. Love you and I wish you the very best.