Tuesday, October 12, 2010

thankFUL

so it's been a good/busy weekend :) Quenton has been working 12 hour days, and we had been praying that he'd be able to get this job done before the weekend so we could visit my family and help celebrate my nephew's 1st Birthday. Well, by Thursday we thought that he'd have to work all weekend and we'd miss out on visiting family. Of course things turned out ok, and Quenton got off early Friday and had the whole weekend off. I love how prayers are answered! With Thanksgiving this last weekend, there really was so much for me to be thankful for. My brother-in-law was in a car accident last week, and although he was ok, he was very nearly not ok. His accident had us all thinking how quickly things can change, and how lives can become so different. I'm grateful that Heavenly Father watches out for our loved ones, and even though terrible things can happen, He knows how to comfort and heal us when we need it.
Anyway, my nephew turns 1 today, and his party on Saturday was so fun! I love visiting with family, and even though it was short, it was nice to get away. Happy Birthday, Zachary!
We finally got our maternity shots taken yesterday (photos to follow soon) and, as silly as it may sound, I now feel like this little girl can come anytime. :) I can't imagine how our lives are going to change, but I guess we're going to adjust :) We pretty much have everything we need, so I'm just trying to finish decorating the nursery. I think I'd like to get some blocks to spell out her name to have sitting out on the ledge. I just have to figure out where to get them and how much I want to spend. :) I'm hoping that I'm not overdue, at least not by too much. She'll come when she's ready, so I think I just need to be patient. It's been a good year, and there really are so many things to be thankful for. :)

2 comments:

Tara Johnson said...

Can I just say that I love you and I cannot wait for you to be a mother! You are going to be amazing!

Unknown said...

Yay she is coming so soon! If you would like I can make you some name blocks! I can't promise it will be done quickly but should be able to finish for sure by Christmas. It will be my gift for the little one. You will just have to let me know what colour you want the blocks, name and spelling, and what size the shelf is that will hold the blocks! On and what colour you want the letters. I'm thrilled for you Tanya. Can't wait to hear about her.