Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter and happenings....

what do you do when you hear or read someone knocking Easter? saying that the real holiday is derived from a pagan celebration? or perhaps criticizing those who are "holiday Christians" and only go to Church for Christmas and Easter? I've been trying to decide whether to say something or not (I read both of these "rants" on Facebook). I wish I could say I would normally make a comment, but when it's family, I find myself being a little more hesitant. I definitly have my own opinions about religion, but I'm trying to not be so judgemental when it comes to other religions, or what other people believe. Quenton and I had a good discussion about it, so even though I was frustrated at what I read, I felt reassured of what I know to be true, and am grateful for the way we've chosen to live our lives.
We decided to go to Wainwright to spend Easter with my parents and my sister and her family. It was a fast couple of days, and with me having the flu and my one niece having 5th's Disease, we didn't party it up as much as we thought. We did have fun, though! It was nice to get away, even if it was brief. Quenton was finishing up this one project at work, so we had to be back in Edmonton for him to work on Monday. We were getting excited for this week, though, because we are looking at houses! We meet up with our realtor today and we'll see a few tonight. I love thinking about where we might live, how I'd decorate it and make it ours, and what it'll be like to start raising our family there. :)
Hazel had her 6 month shots yesterday. Actually, it was only 1 needle, and she didn't even cry! I think it bothered her a little more in the afternoon, though, but overall it was a way better experience for both her and me!
Other than that, nothing really exciting happening in this neck of the woods. I'm planning on starting my running regime again (actually, I was wanting to start it this last week, but I just started feeling better after this stupid flu). It'll be nice to get out and run again. It's good thinking time, and even though I'll probably hate pretty much ever step, I'll feel super when I'm done!

3 comments:

Megan said...

When your religious beliefs are going to lead to an argument with people you love who don't share your beliefs, it is often best to not speak unless spoken to/directly addressed by that person. You show what you believe by how you live and what you do/say, so let that be your opinion. Post links to LDS.org or mention how thankful you are for the Atonement and resurrection of your Savior. That will make a strong pint without starting a fight.

Megan said...

*pint was supposed to be "point"

Sheri said...

So excited for you to be looking at houses......I love looking at mls and comfree sites all the time ;)
Enjoy the running. I always hated running and never thought I could be a runner but for some reason the break away from the kids is just the best motivator. Just take it slow, run a block and then walk one and just keep building up!