Tuesday, April 19, 2011

posting....

so, I've been wanting to post for a while, but didn't really feel like I had a lot to say. We'll see how chatty I feel today... :)
So, Hazel is around 20 lbs already!!! (well, 19 lbs, 6 1/4 oz actually) I love my chunky monkey! She has been doing things a ton lately, like sitting up on her own, sleeping 10-11 hours sometimes at night, and eating SOLID FOODS :) We started her on avocados and she loved them! Today she had some yams, and probably tomorrow I'll introduce cereal. After talking to my mom, I figured out the schedule I want for her. She's been nursing every 3 hours during the day, so that will change asap. It seems like she's grown up overnight..... sigh. I'm sure that happens a lot as kids get older, but it makes me a tiny bit sad. I love my baby!


On another note, we're going to BUY A HOUSE! Well, it could turn out to be a townhouse, but I'd prefer a regular old house. We want to move in July, so we're trying to get things together right now. It's exciting, and I can't wait to feel 100% established somewhere! The idea makes me feel even more like a grown up..... which is weird because I'm not that young. ;)
I've been trying to be more spiritual lately, and I can feel a difference. It's so easy to be slack with the things we need to be doing, and I am so grateful for repentance. Being able to start over is such a blessing. I've been trying to focus a little more on the Atonement, since Easter is right around the corner. Church on Sunday was so wonderful, and I felt recharged and ready to take on the week. I can't imagine having to tackle the things of this world, even in my own little world, without the comfort and help of the Savior. I want Hazel to be able to feel His love and know that He is there for her whenever she needs Him.
Anyway, there are a lot of changes coming for us. Quenton's brother and his family are moving to Lethbridge for at least 3 months, and I'm really hoping they come back here. I'm sad, too, that one of my closest friends is moving away for the whole month of May, but knowing that she'll be back makes me look forward to summer a little more :) Maybe I need to start making more friends so I have no excuse to keep to myself.... ;)
Anyway, I love this time of year, and with all the fun holidays and exciting new changes happening for our family, I'm anxious to get spring/summer started :)

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Baby H is seriously too darn cute!!!
I am so excited for you making house plans. I hear there is one amazing ward where we live (hint hint) :)

The Wolff Den said...

Nice post Tan---hope you find a house in our area---that would SO much fun!!

Blooming Mommy said...

She is so stinkin cute...buuuuuuut you already know that! Your wonderful! LOVE U!!!!!