Thursday, July 28, 2011

happenings.....

so it's near the end of July, and it's been over a month since my last post. I guess a lot has happened, but at the same time, it feels like we've done nothing. My twin sister had her little girl in May, so the family got together the beginning of this month for her baptism. It was nice to see everyone, even though it was short. Then, we basically started packing up our livingroom and figuring out some sort of a schedule so we'd have everything all packed up by the end of August. I'm not sure how that's going to work out, but it's my goal. :) Hazel has been growing like a weed! She's already taken her first steps, and even though she's not walking around the house, I know it won't be long! I kind of miss my little baby, but I am SO excited for all these new things she'll be doing!
We went camping with my family last weekend, and it was pretty fun. I didn't know how Hazel would like sleeping in a tent, or even in her playpen, but it worked out pretty well. I mean, she DID end up sleeping with us on the mattress, but everyone needs a little adventure in their life, right?
On another note, we had a miscarriage last week. :( We didn't know 100% that we were pregnant to begin with, but we knew for sure by the middle of the week. It hasn't been as difficult as the first one was, and I suppose we know that it's possible for us to have another baby. After the trials come the blessings. :) Hazel has definitly helped me deal, though. She is such a beautiful spirit in our lives, and the day after I found out, she gave me soooo many cuddles, like she knew it was going to be a rough day for mommy. I love her so much. I know Heavenly Father blessed us with such a special little girl. I can't wait for more sweet spirits to bless our family :)
Sooo, now we're just packing. and packing. and packing.....  I cannot WAIT to be in our home! There's a lot to do, and I don't like asking for help so it'll be me and Quenton doing the work :)
Oh, and we just saw WICKED last night!! It was so amazing, I don't even have words to express myself. I could see it again and again.... If you haven't seen it, plan on it sometime in your life.  :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Awww. Hugs from all of us. You are a special girl, keep your chin up, but cry if you need to. I cannot believe H is going to be running around and I haven't even met her!