Tuesday, November 15, 2011

gratitude

I was just watching  20/20 with Diane Sawyer interviewing Gabby Giffords and her husband. What a horrible ordeal for her to go through, but what an example of optimism and courage in the face of adversity. I know that my life has been tough sometimes, and I've seen some of the struggles my friends have gone through as well. I know how difficult it can be to rely on faith, to rely on the Savior when we feel alone, or when we feel like there's nowhere to turn. Enduring can be one of the most difficult things we must do in this life. And to endure it well?? Sometimes that seems unatainable. But, after watching that interview, I feel renewed faith, renewed assurance that anything is possible. I think it's something I need to take one day at a time. It's good to look at and to remember the big picture, having that eternal perspective and knowing that in the end we'll be okay, but to just take life a day at a time and do the things to keep strong, to stay optimistic. Love is what matters, and WE matter to someone. YOU matter to me, even if there are miles between us.

No comments: