Monday, August 13, 2012

ok, finally an update.....

where to start, where to start.......
well, this summer's been a busy one. First off, we had Jude's blessing at the end of June. It was nice to have family come and celebrate little J-man :)

 Here's our little family.... Hazel was a little tired and not wanting a picture.

.... and here's our little man. :) I love him so much!

Next, we went CAMPING. I'm not a big camper to start with, so I was a little nervous to think that we'd be camping with 2 kids, one being only 2 months old. We were able to borrow Quenton's parent's trailer, so that basically saved my sanity. It was SO HOT where we were, so it was nice to have some AC.
My parents are celebrating their 40th anniversary this year, so we threw them a little get together after our family campout. We had relatives from both side come and celebrate our awesome parents, and it was so fun to get together with them! (pics to follow.....)

We've been home ever since the middle of July, and I can't believe it's already the middle of August!! I feel like my life has been one big blur, but I suppose that happens with kids around :) 

Hazel is saying TONS of words :) Stuck! (her favourite word), sit, circle, star, rocket (rock), poop (for Pooh), bum (for poop), hair, one, two, mommy, dad, papa, mama, all done (speaking and signing for finished and amen), Jude, tired, help (signing and speaking), down, up, and MANY MORE! I feel like she's growing up so fast, and I have mixed emotions about that! She's the best big sister to Jude, and I can't wait for them to play together :) I absolutely am still in love with my little girl :)

Jude is my little bubba :) He is SO big! A month ago he was just under
16 lbs, so I'm sure he's closer to 17 now. He smiles, laughs, talks up a storm, and melts my heart :) He loves tummy time, and would rather be standing than anything. I bet he's going to be crawling before I know it (that is, IF he can move his own weight around!) :) He's such a happy boy, and I'm so lucky to have him for my second baby. He's added so much to our family right now and can't see what else he's going to be learning!

brother/sister time :)

Quent and I are still adjusting to being back from holidays. One thing that I miss is SLEEP. Hazel had moved from her crib to a twin mattress on the floor, and was sleeping great before and during camping. Now, she gets up at least once a night and is constantly coming into our room. We've been letting her sleep in our bed, mostly because I'm too tired to take her back to bed. That will be changing ASAP, though. I've been so exhausted that I feel like I just cannot get ahead. With ANYTHING. I wonder if there are other moms out there who have been in the same boat after having their second child? I kind of hope so, so I don't feel like such a bad mom. I'll admit to having a bit of a breakdown yesterday, but all is well today (probably because I've had my first shower in DAYS!). Regret having more than just one kid? Nope. Never. Just learning to balance everything. That, I believe, is an art I have yet to master.








3 comments:

Unknown said...

it is an art learning to handle more than one child... a lesson that never seems to end as things are constantly changing. I had a hard time when Quinn came along. She was a good baby but just managing two so close together in age is exhausting. It gets better... every month. Hang in there, it is pretty easy going after baby is 1.

Sheri said...

I am so there with you! I didn't accomplish a thing today but we all were fed and still alive at the end of the day ;)
Exhaustion is a hard thing for sure. Our 3 year old is giving me a run for my money all night long too. Take comfort that you are so not alone.
Just keep reminding yourself that it will get easier with time.

Laura.R said...

Hang in there! I have FULL SYMPATHY over here; two little ones are a big adjustment, fer real.
My kids are both in "big kid" beds now and get up at least once a night. For me, I NEVER got a good sleep if they were in our bed, so we started making a little bed on the floor for them. Now they know to just wander in in the middle of the night with their blankie and pillow and lie down on the floor. Not a permanent solution, but has definitely allowed me to keep on sleeping! And to get a better sleep than being kicked in the face half the night :) Haha.