Wednesday, September 12, 2012

help!!!!!

S.O.S!!!

well, it's maybe not THAT bad, but I'm in a HUGE rut..... (is that how you spell rut??..... i don't know.)
My goal was to be a fit new mom and lose weight and look as good as I do in my head. That was my goal. I, however, have hit a WALL. Life has been really stressful lately, and I'm doing a little emotional eating. booooo! Ok, let's back up a little....

I started Weight Watchers after Jude was born, to at least get into some better eating habits. It was going really well, not to mention the perks of breast feeding. However, I couldn't/can't get past that 10 lb mark. :( 
I've been dealing with post partum depression as well, which seems to come and go. That definitly plays a part in this weight loss challenge. 

So, I'm still doing WW (at least going to get back on track asap), but need some pointers on the exercise part. I don't go to the gym (not my thing), and right now my comfort zone is my house and yard (ppd thing). Sooooo, I'm just wondering what you've used to work out at home and when? Ideally, it would be nice to have a work out partner, or at least someone to be accountable to. Quent has been lifting weights (yes, please!!) but has had changing schedules, so we're kind of doing this separately together.... ;) Eventually I'd like to run a 5/10 K race sometime, but I think that'll have to wait until I'm either not nursing or nursing less frequently.

Jude is 4 1/2 months old right now, and I'm really hoping to be able to buy a whole new wardrobe by Christmas. That's reasonable, right?

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated :) I'm done with feeling/looking like baby #3 is on the way......

7 comments:

Sheri said...

First off, give yourself a break! Although the endorphines are a great benefit from working out don't put any extra pressure on yourself. You have a full plate. When I had my babies close together like you I didn't give weightloss a thought until baby was 13mths old.
For home tips though, we have an elliptical at home that I love (come and use it anytime). I also loved the Jillian Michaels DVDs (you are welcome to borrow them since I am too sore still to try then). Anytime you want a walking partner and eventually running just let me know, I would love a friend.

Megan said...

I totally agree with Sheri! Eat as healthy as you can, get some fresh air, and cuddle those kids!

The Wolff Den said...

I second Jillian michaels! And I hope you meet your goal by Christmas, but for me personally, it took a lot longer. I started around Halloween and didn't hit my goal until my birthday in March. So if it takes a bit longer don't get discouraged!! It's a lifestyle change, it's okay for it to take awhile. I love you! Wish we lived just a tad closer!

Jenny Fitzner said...

The best thing that has happened to me is when I got a running partner. I run with my neighbor across the street 4 times a week at night. It makes me accountable to someone who's not my husband (he always lets things slide) and she's also in the same boat as me with weight loss. GOOD LUCK! I know how tough it is to find time and I know all too much about emotional eating (I did it last night!). So you're definitely not alone.

Laura.R said...

I didn't lose that last 10 lbs of baby weight until I was done breastfeeding, and getting to the last 10lbs took WAY longer than 4.5 months... so give yourself a pat on the back for getting so far so soon! If you're anything like me, that last 10lbs might hang on til then...but as far as getting toned and healthier, I like having a rule where I can't watch a TV show on the laptop unless I'm walking on the treadmill the WHOLE time...and sweating a little :) Or marching in place with weights or something, if you don't have a treadmill. Another one that always seems to work for me, for some chemical reason I don't understand, is cutting down on refined sugars. Just make sure to replace with natural sugars (honey, maple syrup, your fave fruits, etc.) so you don't feel deprived. I don't get it, but it works for me!
Also, a walking buddy worked for me, too. We had a set route (about an hour) that we walked rain or shine Tuesdays and Thursdays at the same time, each with our two kids in double strollers. We'd stop at a park for a few minutes half-way through so the kids didn't go too crazy, haha! It was good exercise, sure, but worked WONDERS for my frazzled heart to just have someone to talk to on a regular basis! We were good therapy for each other...and way cheaper ;)
Good luck, do your best, but know that these first several months with two kids are supposed to be a big, CRAZY adjustment all on their own.

DeAnna said...

Definately give yourself a break!!

Remember that it took you 40 weeks to gain that weight, it will probably take that and more to lose it, as this is baby #2.

I agree find Jillian Michael's DVDs! I have the Yoga one and LOVE it, it kicks my butt!

And add in a daily multi-vitamin and a extra Vitamin D supplement, which helps with energy levels & depression!

If you can maintain the self control avoid buying the junk Or baking the sugary foods you crave when not in a good mood! I love to bake, but I know that if it is my house I will eat it when I am having a rough day. So when I do bake I keep some in the freezer for my family and then give away the rest to avoid the temptation!!

Good luck!!

Amy said...

Me, too, nursing helps at the beginning, but then it holds onto those last few pounds! I would use portion control simply, just eat a little less, even if it is the same food. Like, instead of the bag of chips, put an amount on a small plate and eat it slowly if you have a craving. Can you just get out and walk your dog?? I have not ever gotten into a schedule for exercising, don't beat yourself up about it, just take a minute if you have it, walk up and down stairs, go for a walk, do squats during commercials. I think facebook makes it seem like everybody is a runner, and a 5k is a great goal but hard to get out with the littles, esp when it gets cold. Use your iPod. I second the elliptical, but you need music or tv with it, it can be crazy boring. Remember that 10 minutes grabbed a few times a day still adds up. Hugs, Tan, I know how hard it is. We love you just the way you are!