Friday, January 30, 2009

The leaf...

So I decided today that I would try to turn over a new leaf, as some say, and change my life. Perhaps I'm just changing aspects of my life that haven't been that great lately. One of them is my weight. Now, I've never been that comforable talking about it to people other than those that are super close to me, but enough is enough! I'm tired of holding on to this excess (and I do mean excess!) baggage like it's some protective shield against the things of the world. I've been carrying around this issue my whole life, and it's time to let it go. I went with my good friend Karen today to work out, and I'm so excited for the prospect of a new me coming into view! Life since the miscarriage has been extremely tough, especially this last month, and I'm tired of feeling stuck in a rut that I can't get out of, lately because I feel too big to get out of it!
Another thing that is going to change is my job. I'll be done working at the school at the end of next week, and although it's been a good learning experience, I feel like it's time to move on. I have a few different roads that I can go down, so we'll just see where this new leaf takes me.
Quenton and I both feel that this next month will be a good one, probably full of changes, good ones, and I can't wait. Tragedies in life whether big or small can have such an affect on your emotional, physical, and spiritual self. I never really got that until now. I've decided many times to change some things in my life, some successfully, some just good lessons learned. Good thing there's still a lot of leaves on my tree.

3 comments:

Blooming Mommy said...

your so strong Tanya. I miss you! Im glad that your little tree is growing and that another leaf is turning. Your doing awesome! Ur an example to me. I echo your feelings this month... things are crazy but they will get better as we press forward with faith. I LOVE U and miss you! You should come to Cali (or I to Canada.... just as long as you sing that song for me... oh Canada....... ;)

Jerilyn said...

I am so proud of you!:) I am so sorry for what happened, but the best thing I have found to do is to have exciting goals that you can accomplish, so I think it will be great! I am doing the same thing, I am finally taking control of the things in life that I am not happy about. We need to talk sometime! Love you!!!!!

Stacey said...

hey there tanya shmanya! how's the turning of the new leaf going? where are you working at now? your next post should be the happy new news of february. speaking of february, when i was reading your entry, the february song by joshie was on. i call josh groban, joshie so much that lane has started calling him joshie...that's funny. love you and i'm excited for you too!