Wednesday, March 11, 2009

luck of the irish?

So here we are in a new month. We decided to get a dog (although our landlord had changed his mind so we had to make alternate arrangements --- still getting the dog) because we figured if we aren't getting pregnant we might as well raise something that's living. :) I think this dog will be therapeutic in helping both of us heal and move forward. Plus, we've both always wanted a dog and now we finally have a chance to own one.
It was my dad's birthday yesterday and so I've been doing a lot of thinking about him. He's one of the most amazing people I know. He will do anything for pretty much anybody, and he's one of the best role models I have. There are days when I miss him a ton, and I'm glad that we live close enough that we can visit the 'rents in good ol' Wainwright.
We're hoping that this month will be lucky for us; visit mom and dad, Quenton will find a job in his field, you know, the usual. At least it's the beginning of the end of winter. And our first anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks. I can't believe we've been married almost a year! Where does the time go? Maybe we'll take a fun trip this summer. Who knows? One thing that's kind of exciting for me is that I lost 2 1/2 lbs and, like 3 inches or something like that. Let's hope that's the beginning of many great things to happen.

2 comments:

Karen said...

So I love the pic at the top of your blog with the green writing. Very cute and festive. I can hardly wait to meet your puppy, you're going to turn me into a dog lover remember?

Irene said...

Your getting a dog?!?! Oooohhhh… You’ll have to post some pictures of the dog. Yeah, I also hope this month can bring happy moments too.