Thursday, September 2, 2010

visitor, and the mutts

so, my mom is coming for a few days on Sunday, and I'm pretty excited! We'll be going to Wainwright for the long weekend, then bringing her back. While she's here we'll be cooking meals to freeze for after the baby is born, and sewing receiving blankets, and buying baby stuff, and organizing, and just visiting. She's more of the "let's just get things done" kind of person, where, at the moment, I'm more of a "let's do a bit now, take a nap, and then do a bit later" kind of person. :) It'll be good for her to come here. My mom is amazing. :) She is a baking machine, and has so much good advice for when our little girl is here. I cannot wait to spend some mother-daughter time. I think that it will be good practice. :)
we've also KENNEL TRAINED the dogs!! For those of you who don't have dogs, it's a pretty big/important step for us. They sleep in their kennels at night, and they'll go in there whenever we want some quiet time. They're pretty good outside of the kennel, but I thought it might be nice not having to step over them and having them in the way when the baby is here. Plus, I'm starting to get annoyed about people (the SAME people) asking us if we've decided to keep the dogs or not. When did we ever say that we weren't going to keep them? I love having them as a part of our family, and nothing will change that. :)
so, lots of changes coming up, and I'm excited for all of it. :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

LOTS of people can handle dogs and babies! Just use common sense (obviously) and your sweet girl will be fine! There are studies that show that children who grow up around pets are more confident and they are less likely to have allergies to animals.

Amy said...

so are you going to keep the dogs??
j\k, you'll do great, and everybody will adjust. And don't wish the baby out early, they are meant to stay in 40 weeks! society and doctors always seem to want them to show up on our schedule, not theirs. As long as both of you are healthy, keep her in! Plus, babies are much easier to take care of in the belly. glad your mom could come help, that is so nice. I wish our grandmas were closer some days. good luck with all the fun prep! p.s. I have gone more than a week over on ALL my babies.