Monday, December 6, 2010

ahhhh, December.....

so December is already here and I haven't started my Christmas shopping. WHAT!?!? I was hoping to be more on the ball this year, but honestly, who are we kidding? Hopefully this week I'll be able to get it all done with little Hazel. I found out that chocolate makes her super unhappy, so no more chocolate for me. It's not that big of a deal, since I'm not a choc-o-holic, but what about hot chocolate? I'll have to figure something out.... maybe apple cider? mmmmm..........
So, now that we've figured out what was the main reason for her fussing and staying up till all hours of the night, I feel more comfortable taking her out to run errands. I was a little hesitant to take her out if she got fussy, so hopefully this week will be a success. :)
Hazel has changed so much! She last weighed 10 lbs 7 oz (nov. 29) and is getting bigger everyday. :) I just love cuddling with her whenever I can, and talking to her about everything. :) This Christmas will be so exciting! I know that she won't understand what's going on, but just having her around will be pretty fun. :)
So, we took some family pictures yesterday after Church. My mom and sister have been bugging me for one, so we attempted to get a good result. I wish I was better at taking pictures, or at least being able to edit colour and stuff like that. I know so many people who take pictures as a hobby, and I think that's something I'd like to try out. I suppose I'd need a good camera, so maybe I'll have to put off this new hobby for a while.
Anyway, here's the one I thought was the best. I think we'll try to get another one taken around Christmas, even though Quenton isn't big into getting them done. I'm sure someone could just draw stick figures of us and Q would think that it was good enough! just kidding, but he's really a guy when it comes to stuff like this. :)
so there you have it. I'll probably take more another time, mostly because I love taking pictures of my little Hazelnut. :)
Oh, and here's our Christmas tree. :)

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

The Wolff Den said...

At least your hubby smiles for pictures. :) And Hazel is just the cutest little thing! And you look great!

Tara Johnson said...

You look fabulous! And don't worry you aren't the only one who hasn't started the Christmas shopping. Well, I have started it by I only have 1 person done.

RuSty and LaLa said...

It takes some getting used to. Errands with a new baby seem overwhelming. There cries seem overwhelming too. Starbucks makes a super yummy carmel apple cider or their milk steamers where they add flavors to hot milk...yum. I would go get one right now but its kinda warm here in Hawaii. Drink one for me!