Wednesday, December 22, 2010

tough cookie

so my little Hazelnut had her immunizations today. :( big sad face. of course, I was more upset for longer than she was. She cried a lot at the first pricks, then settled down nicely, while I, on the other hand, took a lot longer to regain my composure. After waiting for 15 mins afterwards, we came home and she's been sleeping since we left. I am so amazed at how tough my daughter is! She is amazing :)
So, she's now at 12 lbs. 15 1/4 oz and 23 in long. Yes, that's 90% for weight and 75% for height. Apparently she's storing up for the winter?? ;) I'm grateful she's healthy and strong, and more grateful that her head is in the 50% for size.
Quenton's last day of work before holidays ended up being yesterday, so we're leaving for his parents' place tomorrow. I'm excited for Hazel to have her first Christmas! I know she won't remember a lot, but the rest of us will! Last weekend we went to my mom and dad's just for a visit. Hazel loved it! (Grandma and Grandpa did too!!). Mom is recovering from her surgery, so she wasn't supposed to carry Hazel around (even though she did.....). It's nice to know that Hazel didn't mind the trip there, and I'm hoping that tomorrow she'll do fine too.
Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Jenny Fitzner said...

cute pictures!! i love christmas outfits! Shots are the worst... especially when they get older and look up at you like you just betrayed them!! Glad she did well. and chunky babies are the best!

The Wolff Den said...

She is changing so fast! What a little chubbers, I love her and want to kiss her cheeks! Very cute dress by the way!

Stacey said...

Me loves the picture!