Friday, January 7, 2011

I can do it :)

I love my baby girl. :) Right now I'm sitting on the couch, exhausted and gross, but I have her sleeping on my arm. Trying to get her back into some sort of routine has been alright, but I'm starting to feel it. I've had interrupted sleep, I haven't showered in days, but I don't mind. Sometimes she gets fussy while I'm eating lunch or dinner (especially), and I end up eating a cold plate after calming her down, but I don't mind. I can't count the number of times that I'm just crawling into bed when she starts to fuss, wake up, and want to eat. I've had a couple of 7-8 hour night's sleep, occaisionally 5-6 hours, but mostly 4 hours or less at a time. I haven't been able to start anything and finish it in the same day because she needs me. And I don't mind! I love taking care of my Hazel. I love feeling needed by her, and I love knowing that in so many situations I am the only one that she wants. If I never ate a hot meal again or had a long hot shower because I needed to take care of my daughter, I am more than happy to do it. :) Sometimes it would be nice to have my mom here to watch her at 3am so I can catch a quick 30 minute nap, but Quenton and I love the challenge. I never feel that being a parent is hard. A little exhausting, but not hard. This is why we're here, isn't it? I will never understand parents who habitually pass their kids off to their parents/family so they can do what they want. I could never pass Hazel off for someone else to take care of her. I'm sure that'll probably change when she's running around and getting into everything, but for now she's just my little angel. I think I've become a little overprotective of her (maybe an understatement) lately. Oh well. I'm her mom, so I don't care :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you love your Mommy life! Makes me feel bad that I did not at the start ;). Hailey was such a rough baby that I found it REALLY hard and I still only get 3 hrs of sleep straight without being woken. Of course if I went to bed at 7:30 with Hailey I might get a straight 6 or 7. Hmmmm. Maybe something to try ;)

Sheri said...

Enjoy this sweet time with your little angel! You have an amazing attitude which is so important when you are sleep deprived and wanting a shower.
I'm sure as the year progresses Hazel will sleep more and more and you will find a great balance between tending for her and taking time for yourself.