Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day...... and to good friends :)

so it's officially Mother's Day :) Quenton got me some yummy stuff from Bath and Body Works, which is probably one of my favourite stores EVER! He made me breakfast and dinner, and let me just relax today. Hazel had a bit of a fever today, so she and I stayed home from Church while Quent went to teach his lesson. He is such a wonderful husband, father, and best friend. He thinks of me first in everything, and always tries to make me feel special. It's been a fabulous day, and I love being a mom to Hazel. Yay for Mother's Day!! :)

I'm really excited to celebrate my mom too, and to mention a few good friends of mine :)
My mom is AMAZING!
My parents at our wedding. SO FUNNY!

hmmmm, do I look like my mom? I hope so!

Me and my parents at my college Convocation

Mom having a little nap with Hazel.

My mom is one of those people who never sits down until everyone is settled and has what they need. She has so much love for her kids and grandkids, and family in general. I'm sure that there hasn't been one time when us girls were all together and we haven't laughed until tears were coming from our eyes! She is such an amazing mom and housewife, and someone whom I hope to be more like. I love you mom!!!

And now for friends. :) I was reading a friend's blog today, and I saw that she put me as one of her favourite mums ever. I can't say how much that touched my heart. When your days start blending together, and you don't spend as much time on yourself because you now have someone else to care for, when you can't remember what you need to put on your "to do" list because there are now so many things to do, when you feel fat and out of shape but hope that no one notices because they're looking at your beautiful baby girl, THAT is when kind words like "one of my favourite mums ever" can bring tears to your eyes and remind you that you're not forgotten amongst the masses of moms, sisters, wives, friends, etc. I wish this friend was a lot closer, because I know that I'd make every effort to visit her as often as I could! She got me thinking of all my dear girlfriends who have meant so much in my life, past and present, and I wish I had enough time and money to see them all. To Jerilyn, Rachel (1 and 2), Meddy, Wendy, Stacey, Stephanie, Amanda, Lanise, Chelsea, Karen, and many others. This post is for you too. :) You are the best sisters, moms, daughters, and friends there are, and you fill my heart with joy. It's really showed me that Heavenly Father knows what I need, who I need, and when I need them. We truly are blessed in this life, whether we recognize it or not. I feel that this Mother's Day isn't just to celebrate moms, but friends, Heavenly parents, and family. What a great day :)

3 comments:

Jerilyn said...

Awe!! You are sooo sweet. I really do wish we were closer, we would have such fun! But even still, I will always count you as a dear friend and "kindred spririt." I hope you had such a great day, you deserve all the best things life has to offer! <3 you!

Meddy said...

You are too sweet! I wish we lived closer too and I could chat with you and love your sweet baby. I miss you tons. Lots of love.

Blooming Mommy said...

U are an awesome Mommy and incredible friend! I love u so much!!!! Can I thirdly testify that I wish we lived closer too! LOVE U and MISS u TONS!!!!!