Thursday, June 23, 2011

sooooo sorry....

Hazel fell yesterday. Off the change table. Her arm is bothering her today, so I'm taking her to get checked by the doctor. I feel like such a terrible mom. I know, every mom has probably said that at least once. I told myself I'd never let her fall like that, and it happened anyway. I know people will say that every child will fall and hurt themselves, but that doesn't make me feel any better. :( I'm almost sick about it. It's especially hard because I have a very vivid imagination, and I sometimes tend to think up worst case scenarios of how Hazel can get hurt (nothing too dramatic), so I worry when others watch her, thinking that she can get hurt. And it wasn't with other people, it was with me. :( Anyway, I suppose this is another learning experience for me. I wish it wasn't at the expense of my daughter, though. She won't crawl or pull herself up because she needs to use her arm for that. And she hurts. I'll post an update on how she does today.

2 comments:

Tara Johnson said...

I remember when Eden fell once off the bend. You don't think it will happen on your watch but they are so quick. I know how you feel - nothing anyone does or says makes you feel better. But it does happen and babies are very resilient. She will be okay and you will too!Loves

Megan said...

You are still an awesome Mom! I'm sure she will be fine and now you know how speedy she is!