Friday, May 21, 2010

on my mind......

so, I was debating on whether to post this, but it's something that's been on my mind for a while. I LOVE having time to myself, to just relax, rest, spend time with the dogs, you know, have a break. This break, however, has been a little too long. I hate being alone. Yes, I know, the dogs are here, and I'm not really by myself, but I can't really have a meaningful conversation when there's no response. I know that it could be as easy as just going for a walk, or calling someone up, but sometimes it's not. On top of all that, when I feel lonely, I'm not as productive as I'd like to be. I read blogs of other girls I know who are wives and moms, and I think, "wow. they are amazing wives. they are amazing moms." I don't feel like I fit that category. There's so much to do before this baby comes, and some days it's very overwhelming. BUT, having said all this, I have made a resolution to accomplish one big task (may seem small at the time) every day. Am i miles behind every other wife? Probably. Quenton might not always come home to a meal all ready cooked and dished out on a plate for him, but he knows I love him more than anything. He really is the most important person in my life. I'm sure some of you have asked yourselves how you landed such a great husband, and I fall into that same category. Why did he choose me? whatever the reason, it doesn't matter. We're starting a family soon, and I couldn't ask for a better husband and father. Wow, this post started out dreary, but it's ended on a happier note. :) Life is actually pretty good! :) I finished my communications class a couple weeks ago, so that has aleviated some stress in my life. My ASL classes are WONDERFUL, and although they keep me pretty busy, I wouldn't have it any other way.
Anyway, one thing I was thinking of starting (to be a little more domestic) is collecting some recipes from friends. I know there are emails, and some facebook sites, and a friend of mine has a blog with crafts and recipes, but if you have any fun, easy recipes you wouldn't mind sharing, I promise to make it and let you know how it turns out. :)
Thanks for listening. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tanya I am sure you are an AMAZING wife... and soon to be mother. The grass always seems greener in someone else's field. None of us really feel like great wives/mother's but we do our best and that is all we can be expected to do. We are all deficient in some area.... I may have dinner on the table 3 nights out of seven when Ian gets home (maybe even less). It is hard to neglect the feeding aspect of being a wife though ;)... but the spiritual side is another story. Why is it so hard for me to make time for scripture study? So please don't follow my example ;) just do the best you can and it is totally okay to slack off for a bit. I am more motivated when Ian is around too!

The Wolff Den said...

Recipes?? Check out ourbestbites.com---I just discovered that website and EVERYTHING I have tried has been fabulous (!!!) especially the breadsticks, the tortellini sausage soup, the marinara sauce and garlic bread seasoning. Mmmm...

Blooming Mommy said...

Tanya! Can I beat you!?!? You are an amazing wife and mommy! You have no idea do you?
It's funny how we view ourselves somtimes. I wish we could see ourselves as God see's us... or take a look into the "fish bowl" that we swim in.
I think we as wifes and mothers feel as if we fall short ALOT.... but isnt that why we are here? We are here to fall short, to become better and learn. We are passing the test and all He asks for is OUR best! My best is different from your best and your best from mine... but it is our best and that's ALL that matters.
Never loose sight of how amazing you are. We all fall short. We all have good and bad days..... we just have to take it a step at a time. :) I LOVE UR STINKIN FACE! I wish I could give you a big hug right now. We should plan a trip soon to all get together. :)
Oh and Ill send you some recipes soon! LOVE U!!!!!!!!