Wednesday, May 5, 2010

thoughts.....

So I've been wanting to take some belly shots, but feel a little self-conscious about it. Not that I'm showing a lot, but I wasn't exactly paper thin when I got pregnant like some women so I had a bit of a belly to start with. I can't tell how much I'm showing, but Quenton says that I am, and my mom says that I am, so maybe it's true. :) So, I guess this week's project will be to take some pictures and post them. we'll see...... ;)
Quenton has been home for almost 2 weeks now, and I am LOVING it!! It's so nice to see him when he gets home from work, and to have him here on the weekends. I didn't have to go to Church alone either, so that was nice. I've been thinking a lot about how our lives are going to change in the next 5-6 months. I'm totally exhausted now, and that won't change, I'm sure. :) I welcome all the new changes, appealling or less appealing. A friend of mine had a baby recently and it got me thinking about what it will be like to know that "it's time", and to actually be in the hospital, thinking about everything. It's a little overwhelming to think about, but exciting at the same time. :)
Life is good. I'm relaxing, enjoying time with Q, and getting ready to change everything for our little bumblebee. Can't get any better than that, right?

5 comments:

Megan said...

You will absolutely regret NOT taking belly pictures. There are no pictures of me in my first pregnancy and it makes me SO sad now- I just never thought about it and then he came 6 weeks early... With my second one I had professional pictures taken. When I look at those images I only remember the happy, nice things about being pregnant. It's almost enough to make me want to go through it again... but not right away!

Jenny Fitzner said...

I know you are worried about regretting it... but for me? I hated everything about being pregnant, and took only one pregnancy shot of myself because people were bugging me about it, and I haven't looked at it since... because it reminds me of how horrible that time was for me. It pretty much does the opposite of what it did for Megan. So... you need to think about if you want this memory with you. I would suggest doing it this time, and then if you hate it... burn the pictures!

okay... I'm a bit too negative.

Kay said...

Yes I want to see pics of you! i think all pregnant women look fabulous! You are going to be such a good mom Tanya...that is one lucky kid....glad your hubby is home!

Blooming Mommy said...

Glad you have the hubby..... they make life amazing (as u know) and as for the pictures..... U know U want to take some cute belly pictures! U are beautiful Tanya! Own what cho momma gave u! I love you and hope to see that cute beautiful baby bump soon! Muah! Miss u tons!

Jess said...

TAKE THEM!! After going through THREE(yikes) pregnancies I have to agree with Megan, Jenny and Sumner(sista). I love looking back at the pictures and thinking, "Awww, that was Maya in my belly." I hate looking back and thinking, "Gosh, was I really that bloated?" Now I wish I could have had a camera crew follow me around for those 27 months to capture the good, bad and ugly just so I could look back and remember the incredible moments.