Thursday, May 27, 2010

is anyone there?

so, I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, or if it's just my paranoia of being pregnant, but I've been constantly thinking about this baby and wondering, "are you ok? are you there?". I haven't felt anything yet, and since it's been a lot longer between doctor visits and ultrasounds than before, I start to wonder if there's anything even there! I know, my belly isn't getting any smaller, but I'm the type of person who needs some sort of visual proof, or whatever. We have our ultrasound next week, so that will hopefully ease some of my apprehension. We were wanting to find out the gender, but if that doesn't work it's ok. I have to admit, it's a little frustrating when I talk so some people about whether I'd like a girl or a boy, and after my response the first thing they say is "well, as long as it's healthy. that's what matters." Do you think that I don't care about that? Seriously, if you want to know what I'm hoping for, give me a little credit. Of course I want a healthy baby! That should go without saying. It's mostly the "older" generation who say this, but it's still annoying.
Anyway, I just had a girl at school yesterday tell me that she didn't know that I was pregnant until she read my shirt ("a little baby grows a long way"). I didn't really know how to feel about that. :) Oh well! :)
Life has been pretty good. We finally got the livingroom organized this weekend. :) It's actually starting to feel "homey". Now all we have to do is clean out the office to make room for the nursery. :) It's a good feeling when things start to come together little by little. :)

5 comments:

Irene said...

I'm really happy for all the wonderful things that are happening to you. I guess that when I get pregnant, I will feel the same way as you... "are you really there??" :)

Unknown said...

You will feel 'it' soon! And in 5 mths from now you will be wishing you didn't feel it so much ;) It is a very exciting moment. Do not fear, 'it' is okay. Everyone feels that way and is afraid something will happen all the way up until you are holding that baby in your arms. It is a Mom thing. The worrying never ends :) We love you.

christina said...

I know how you feel for sure. And I agree - the worrying never ends! All it means is that you're going to be a great Mom because you're already in love with the little one growing inside. I'm so happy for you guys - if you're able to find out the gender, are you going to tell people?? I love finding out :)

Jenny Fitzner said...

It definitely makes a huge difference once you feel the baby constantly, that's for sure. I felt myself just saying prayers all the time for the baby's safety and to just get me through it, because once it's over, you forget this nightmare. and you just have this wonderful child in your life!

Colleen said...

Dear Mommy,
Yes, I am here. I'm so little you can't feel me yet. But I'm the one who's making all those weird and wonderful things happen to your body. I'm the one who lives beneath your heart. Pretty soon, my little arms and legs will be strong enough for you to feel...like teensy gas bubbles or butterfly kisses from Daddy, only inside. Then I'll grow fast, and I'll show you how hard I can kick. And THEN, daddy will be able to feel me too (oh, happy day!) And later all the old ladies will raise their eyebrows and think, "Watermelon? Beach ball? Oh, my what to say?" And then, finally, I'll be ready to come out, and we'll be able to see each other. And you and me and Daddy will hold our breaths and just stare at each other. I can hardly wait to feel you holding me in your arms, you two! Oh, by the way, they say that I will know so much about where I come from and who I've been with that I will not be able to talk, but you will see it in my eyes. See you soon, Mommy. Love you and Daddy already. Your dear baby.