Tuesday, January 11, 2011

sad day....

so Hazel and I were having a pretty good day. Just relazing and talking. :) it was getting close to when Quent would be off work, and Hazel had just woken up from our nap. In the past, I've laid her on the couch with a pillow to block her from the edge, so I figured I'd do that again so I could quickly go to the bathroom before she ate. While I was gone I suddenly had a feeling that I'd hear her cry, and no more than a few seconds later, that's exactly what I heard. It was a scared, sad, where's-my-mom kind of cry, so I ran into the livingroom to find my baby on the floor. :( :( :( I was SO sad and so sorry that I had not protected her. Even in writing this it's difficult to hold back tears. I just held her and told her how sorry I was and cried with her (even though she was done a lot sooner than I was). My daughter is so tough. Not that I feel like testing her, but it seems that when traumatic things happen to her, she's pretty resilient.
It amazes me how much of your heart belongs to your children. I would do absolutely anything for my girl, and I really feel like I let her down today. :( I know, it happens to every child, but I still feel awful. I think she's forgotten everything already, but I'll remember. Oh well, at least she can't hold it over my head when she grows up, right? Here's to lessons learned in parenting.

4 comments:

Jerilyn said...

I think every Mom I know has at least one of these stories. In fact my first concussion was given to me by my Mom in a similar fashion, and look how great I turned out! hahaha. Still its no fun :( Love you! (Glad you got your little gifty too!!) :)

Megan said...

I used to bang Benson's head on the door frames when I was holding him and walking around. I cried every time I did it... Which was more often than it should have been, for sure...

Livingstones said...

Tanya, as a mom to be it is comforting to read your blog because of your honesty. I have no clue what life will hold for me as a mom, I know it will be challenging, and lonely, and heartbreaking, however I also know of the pure joy and love that will come. It is just nice for me to hear the good, bad and the sad from a new mom's view:) Thanks for your words.

Unknown said...

They are built tough... like trucks :) Otherwise infants wouldn't survive half of the events they experience... think about child birth! That apparently is the most difficult physical experience most people will have in their lifetime!