Saturday, January 29, 2011

what a week!

so this week has been a rough one. lack of sleep and stress over everything has led to an unhappy me. however, it's ended on a high note. Quenton and I went on a dinner date last night and it was wonderful :) We left Hazel with Theron and Renee and, although I was super nervous and sad about leaving her, our evening was nice and relaxed. Dinner was great and the conversation was awesome. I love my husband!
this is us after dinner on our way to pick up little H.

Hazel is sure growing! She's 3 1/2 months now, and although I don't know her weight, I know she's got to be in the high percentiles for her age. :) I love my chunky monkey. She's also decided to start sucking her thumb. :) I know that can lead to problems when she's older, but for now it soothes her and if I don't have to worry about finding her soother every 10 minutes, I'm ok with that. Her sleep schedule is pretty up and down, but after talking to a few friends I've decided not to worry so much. I'll just keep sleeping when she sleeps so I'm prepared for long nights if I have to. She started sucking on her fist for a long time, but I guess her thumb snuck in and she's been hooked ever since :)




On another note, I'm getting together with my sisters and my mom in February for a little get away. It's just at my parents' house, but it'll be fun just to have some girl time and for all our kids to spend time together. I think this is something we're going to try to do every year, which will be nice. :)
so after a week that I don't really want to repeat, I have tools to use to make next week better. I'm so thankful for good friends who were prompted to lend an ear, shoulder, and even a few tips this last week. Heavenly Father must love me enough to know what I need especially when I don't ask for it.

No comments: