Tuesday, January 25, 2011

lately......

so I've talked to a few people about when to have a second baby (not to tell me when to have one, just to hear their opinion). Some would want to wait (forever, if they could), and some like to space their kids out18 months to 2 years apart. Thinking about when to have another baby is really exciting. :) I have soooooo many friends who are expecting this year that it's getting me baby hungry again! I think that some see that as wierd, but I'm not getting any younger. I had a good pregnancy with Hazel and a good delivery as well, so I don't think that we'll be spacing our kids out (by choice, that is...). This isn't an announcement, but just thoughts that I've had. :)
Does anyone else have issues with their weight? Baby or no baby? For the most part I haven't really cared so much since Hazel was born, just because as long as she's healthy that's all that matters. But, I'm starting to get tired of wearing maternity clothes because I'm in between sizes. I'm not as heavy as I was before I was pregnant with her (so those clothes don't fit), but I don't want to buy new clothes until I've lost a little more weight. I guess I feel a little stuck because I want to spend time working out here at home, but it just hasn't happened. I guess it's something that's hard for me to get into. I hate feeling awkward in what I'm wearing, but have no options. I try not to vocalize my displeasure regarding my own weight, but it's just been weighing on my mind a lot lately. When Hazel is awake, I love to spend time talking to her and playing with her, and when she's asleep I either sleep too or try to catch up on other things. It's definitly easier to work out with someone, but I've noticed that I've been quite a home-body since Hazel's been around. I've always had weight issues so this is starting to feel like the stumbling block of my life, but I still feel like the slump will end and I'll be out there running with the best of them. :) (I'm sure I'll post that on here whenever it happens!)
Anyway, little Hazel is now 3 1/2 months old, and cooing, smiling, grabbing our fingers and everything that's close to her. :) She is growing so much, and I can't believe it! She's such a good baby, and I feel blessed every day to have her. She's had some REALLY good nights for sleeping (8-9 hours three times in a row), so I'm hoping that she is starting some sort of pattern. I am SO lucky to have her, and to have Quenton in my life too. He's been such a lifesaver, especially on days when I'm struggling with a lack of sleep and he'll make dinner when he gets home. He is my rock, and a natural dad :) I love watching him cuddle with Hazel and now seeing her recognize him more.
My family is amazing. I am a fortunate woman. :)

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I am so glad that you are loving every minute of your sweet little angel!
As someone whose kids are 13 months apart I would never recommend having them that close on purpose but at the same time it is nice to just get all the craziness over at once if that makes sense. I think it would be hard to have a baby when you are totally out of the baby stage and have to start all over again!
Give yourself loads of time to even think about working out........you just had a baby!! Jillian Michael videos are great for at home workouts when you are ready for it.

Somer said...

I know I've told you that we have a harder time getting pregnant. We started trying soon after Creed was born, and it took us about 22 months, being very diligent, to conceive. So coming from someone who'd wished my kids were closer in age... I see no problem with trying ASAP!