Wednesday, February 1, 2012

this week so far...

ok, so I'm sure I'm not the only mom who wonders if she's doing right by her child.

"Is this the proper way to discipline?" or "Am I being too much of a push over or too mean?"

These are some of the questions I've had, especially lately. Don't get me wrong, Hazel is such a great kid, and I love her to pieces, but I think she's picking up on my concerns over whether I'll be in over my head with 2 kids. I don't want to be "that" mom who says "no" to everything, but I feel that way when I'm tired or not feeling 100%. I know that there are family members and probably close friends who definitly have a different way of disciplining, so it's sometimes hard to "commiserate" when our views don't mesh.
I did, however, talk to a good friend today who gave me some good tips on not getting Hazel frustrated and how to discipline with love. I'm feeling like it's not so impossible now, and today is definitly a better day. :)

On another note, I am feeling FULL. It's funny how much you can forget about being pregnant, like how the baby will actually be GROWING :) This little one moves just as much as Hazel ever did, but hasn't had the hiccups yet (that I know of!). I keep telling Quenton that I forget how big this baby is getting until I get a kick here, or I read onling approximately how much "he" weighs. I sometimes look at Hazel and think, " wow, you were once the size of an avocado, or a grapefruit!". Now she's gabbing away, climbing up on couches, and growing up way too fast :)


2 comments:

Sheri said...

I am with you on forgetting how big a baby and belly actually get......funny how fast you forget!
I found the biggest thing for dealing with my kids when they were Hazel's age was trying to give them ways to communicate. Most of their frustration at that age comes from not being able to get their message across (signing, pointing, offering choices and acknowledging the fact that they are frustrated all helped). Toddlers are highly opinionated so tantrums and having to say "no" way more often are just part of the fun. You are an awesome Mom.......keep at it!

Blooming Mommy said...

Tanya,
You are an awesome Mommy! We all have those days where we cry on our pillows at night and wonder what could we have done better. Being a parent is all about learning. Cade is a challenge to us sometimes. He has SOOOO MUCH spirit for such a teeny tiny body. But I find when he acts out it's better to just love him all up! Make it a game. Start singing instead of yelling. IDK? I love you and admire the mommy that you are. Amazing! Just keep swimming my girl! ;)