Sunday, April 1, 2012

partner with brown? pattern or solid?

so, we painted our bedroom.
again.
but this time we actually like it :)

Before, we actually ended up with a "peachy" looking colour that was NOT what we were wanting. So, we decided that if we were going to paint, it needed to be done before the baby arrives. We ended up with a tawny brown colour (I'll put up pictures asap), and now the question is, what to put with it? I'm thinking that I'll just sew some curtains, and buy a new duvet with some throw pillows for our bed. So, now I just need to decide what accent colour to use? I was thinking blue, since it goes nicely with brown, but is there some other colour that would look better?

After I choose a colour, I then need to decide on patterns. Do I use a pattern for my curtains and a solid for the duvet, or vice versa? hmmmm. Even though I haven't concluded much yet, I'm excited to get started! If you have any suggestions, I'd be more than happy to accept them! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds exciting.... blue would be nice but you need more than just blue. Brown, white, tan and a variety of shades of blue would be good together. I'm partial to stripes but floral patterns, or damsk can look great too. some patterns and some solids.

Kirsty and Seth said...

pale turquoise would look lovely c