Monday, April 26, 2010

back.....

So, Quenton is finally home. :) Life feels so normal now, and since we have SO many things to do before baby comes, it's nice to have another set of hands to do the heavy lifting! On Friday we did a little shopping where I got some new clothes, we picked up some groceries, and then we started to do a little organizing. Saturday we went to Ikea to pick up a laptop desk and a fun shoe rack. I've decided that unless we absolutely need to, I want to have our OWN things. We still have a few hand-me-downs from family, but I'm slowly getting rid of them to make way for our new family and to help our place feel like our home. Our next purchases will be dressers, a crib, stroller with a car seat, and any other things our little one may need. We bought some pictures of white lilacs from ikea as well, to put in the kitchen. It looks more inviting now, and with a couple other pictures up in the livingroom, I finally feel comfortable thinking of staying here for a year or two. I feel like breathing a huge sigh of relief. sigh.

2 comments:

Blooming Mommy said...

Do you guys have Ikea in Canada?? They have awesome table options. Some fold up and stay on the wall. Ck it out online. idk? Happy shopping!! Its fun.... plus happy baby showers! Thats where we got LOTS of our stuff! Love u!!!!

Amy said...

Ikea was in Canada WAAAAAY before it was in the USA.
Anyways, Tan, try to get the kind of stroller that has a car seat with it, those are so nice. They also have the base that you keep strapped in the car and just click in the seat. And I would get the baby carrier, not the big seats that go from birth-8 yrs old.
Have fun baby shopping, it can be addicting! And I'm sure you'll get lots of good stuff from friends and fam.